Here’s how the BCCI plans to allocate IPL media rights money among franchises, players, state associations, and staff. After selling the media rights for 2023-27 for INR 48,390 crore, the IPL became the second-highest-earning sporting property.
After selling the media rights for 2023-27 for INR 48,390 crore, the IPL became the second-highest-earning sporting property.
The addition of two new teams this year was a huge success. The number of matches increase as a result. This means that the window for the IPL season has been expand. It’s no surprise that the revenue from media rights has had a jaw-dropping effect on fans.
However, it should be note that the revenue will be properly distribute to boost the domestic cricket structure in the country. The BCCI secretary, Jay Shah, has express a strong desire to distribute it to the appropriate personnel and authorities. Stakeholders such as IPL franchises, players, state associations, and staff will all be eligible for a cut of the revenue.
Here’s how the IPL’s media rights revenue can allocate.
According to Shah’s tweets, half of the INR 48,390 crore will be divided among the eight original franchises, which are the Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Punjab Kings, and Delhi Capitals. Each of these eight teams is expected to receive around INR 3,000 crore. While the two new teams, Gujarat Titans and Lucknow Super Giants, will have to wait a little longer.
Meanwhile, the remaining half (INR 24, 195 crore) will be divided among the players and state associations. According to reports, 26 percent of the second half will be distribute to domestic and international players, with four percent of the remaining 74 percent set aside for staff salaries. The remaining 70% will be divide among the various state associations.
According to calculations, INR 6290 crore (approx.) will be distribute to players, while INR 16,936 crore (approx.) will be distributed to BCCI-affiliated state boards from the second half of the overall revenue generated through media rights.